.

Changes coming... see new posts below
and then follow me...
^that is a link

Sunday, May 20, 2012

The White and Red Rose Dress

For Emily's Mother's Day Tea, I put her in a very special dress - my dress.  
It had been hanging in her closet and when I saw it that morning I thought it was a good day for her to wear it.  Plus, since she is pretty tall, I really didn't want her to grow out of it when I wasn't paying attention!  I wore it when I was turning 6 and Emily, just (about) turning 4, fit it well in skirt length but the shoulders and arms were a little big.  Maybe I will keep it handy and put it on her when she is 6 - for some seated pictures in the short skirt!  For now, I have the above picture comparison.  Also, my mom scanned a random sheet...

 so I tried to make a similar collage.
Clearly, the 2 year age difference matters in picture posing quality.  At least, it better!  

7 comments:

  1. How sweet is that!? Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How very special! The dress looks beautiful on both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this SOOO much!
    So touching and precious.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh! What a cute way to show all the pictures!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, that is priceless! I LOVE that you have a photo of you and Emily in the same dress! You were such a cute kid! (you still are, don't worry, I wasn't going to come back with "what happened?! he he)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How special! Great job, Meg, on keeping up with the dress for so long!!

    ReplyDelete