Lately Emily has been rebelling against the car seat belt. She raises her shoulders really high, puffs out her chest, and cries about it being too tight. First of all, yes, it is tight. It is supposed to be tight. Technically, you aren't supposed to be able to pinch the straps and have them collapse in the middle. I don't make it that tight - because I can't. A N Y W A Y... this has been our latest argument, which I always win, that I am tired of having. I try to explain why it is so important that she be strapped in tight and refer to the police "rules" etc. but I don't know if she really has any idea what I am talking about. So today when I was strapping her in and she was doing her best to convince me not to tighten the belt I saw a police officer and offered to ask the policeman if, in fact, her belt needed to be that tight or not.
Does this mean the argument is over? Nah, probably not but oh well...
PS Yes, that is a potty in the back of my car
PPS No, I don't need to ask the police lady what she thinks about videoing and driving at the same time. ;) I WAS looking forward - promise!
So, so funny! I threaten Noah with this all the time, only I never find the "authority" in public when I need them. Good show, Mommy. Maybe you finally got through to Emily...I'm rooting for you!
ReplyDeleteHope springs eternal! Can't wait to hear the next tale of seat belt wars!! Hilarious that she called your bluff! Good girl for getting in the seat willingly and only trying to manipulate the custom fit!
ReplyDeleteLove ~mimi
Those are some mad driving skills, Mama! BTW, I carried around a ptty for awhile too.
ReplyDeleteFunny stuff... wonder what the Police Woman blogged about...umm, that crazy mama maybe!
ReplyDeleteWhat a bold move - bringing in the cops! Too funny!
ReplyDeleteHahaha Kristy! That's funny!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome! I love it!! Good job Mama!!
ReplyDelete