.

Changes coming... see new posts below
and then follow me...
^that is a link

Sunday, December 18, 2011

December: Week 4 of Trip

On the evening of December 11th, Everett and Emily took their first bath together!
(On the 12th and 13th we didn't do too much. I took a lot of videos of Everett starting to army crawl.)
On December 14th we drove back up to north Texas to spend some time with friends that were sick during our first trip through. We stayed over at Laura's house and she, her husband, and her kids were very wonderful hosts. That afternoon, Emily enjoyed playing Pretty Pretty Princess for the first time...

and Everett dressed up a little as well.
(Jessica and her two boys came over to play also but I don't have any pictures of that, but I did steal this above photo of Everett from her.)
When I went to join Emily in bed that night I found her laying like this.
(Sharing a bed didn't end up being too bad... she didn't even kick me once! haha)
The next day we went over to Jessica's house while Cooper was at school and played a little with Jackson.
Then, when lunch time rolled around we drove over to pick Daddy up from his hotel! He was able to go to TX on business and it was a TOTAL surprise for Emily!
"I missed you, Daddy!"

On December 16th we played some more at Laura's house before we would head south again. Emily REALLY loved Elizabeth's room and all of the fun girly stuff in it - especially these curtains that Emily twirled around in so much that she got stuck! (She just saw this picture today and when I asked her what she was doing she said that she got stuck when she was being the lost princess... shocker!)
Jessica came over with her two boys again and the "big" kids had fun sliding down the stairs...

until the mamas called it off. :)
Since they couldn't play on the stairs, Ben conducted a science experiment in the bathroom with Emily and Cooper.
Jessica and her boys left when Everett took his morning nap and we were on our way out just after it. But before we left, we snapped a picture of our (me and Laura) 4 kids - Ben, Emily, Everett, and Elizabeth. (please note Everett's new smile he was testing out for a few days)
On December 17th we hung around Mimi and Papa's house and Emily decorated the tree all by herself!


Well, I guess she did get a LITTLE help with the high ones.


She did a great job and stuck with it until the very last one was hung.
Then she learned how to turn them on and off with the bell switch and it was her job for the duration. She LOVED it.

4 comments:

  1. I loved Everett's new smile! Wish it lasted!! Emily was a vigilant bell ringer/light lighter and the tree lights were on every morning when I came out...and on all day for a month!
    Let's do it again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet!
    Love, Aunt Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun (I'm sorry I forgot to forward the pictures on to you!!) I'm so glad you got to come visit - we had such a great time with you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun stuff! You sure did get to visit with lots of friends on your trip. Love the tree decorating the best.

    ReplyDelete