.

Changes coming... see new posts below
and then follow me...
^that is a link

Friday, July 15, 2011

Lake Day!

We were finally able to go to the local lake for the first time! It was a gathering for my Meetup moms group and I knew Emily would love it. Emily was eager to get in the water as soon as we arrived...
and I watched her from the shore while I gave Everett a bottle - as he hung off of me in the Baby Bjorn. It was quite a sight I am sure.
Once Everett was done eating, we went out in the water to give Emily a "limit line" (she was not allowed to go past me).
I was much more relaxed after I got in the water and limited Emily's swimming depth but unfortunately, all of the other moms were on the shore. Bummer.
At one point I did come in a little and asked one of the ladies to get a picture of us. Everett is the one under all of the laundry on my chest.
Then I just watched Emily swim around and enjoyed the beautiful day.
About an hour and a half after we arrived Emily got a big gulp of lake water and was done swimming - perfect timing. I laughed as we went back to all of our stuff (in the great beach cart provided there). I mean, everyone else had their umbrellas up, chairs and blankets out. Not me. No time for lounging when water is involved!
After a quick rinse at the showers I let Emily get in the beach cart to save myself time and the effort required to put on her still sandy water shoes.
But, I traded that for the effort it took to get everything back up the hill to the car.
And when we got there... Everett was still sleeping.
I think that means everyone enjoyed the time at the lake!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful day at the lake! Great cart, certainly made it easier going up that hill! Great pictures as always.
    Love, Aunt Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great lake! Looks like Emily had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey that looks like a fun outing! Beautiful setting...Emily's fearlessness does make me a little nerdus though!
    Big squeeze ~mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brave mama for going out with both of them on your own!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my - you are so brave! I don't think I would have attempted bringing my little baby to the lake - you're such a good mommy! Too bad the other mommies were hanging out on shore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun group to be a part of! Looks like everyone had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That does look like fun! And by the looks of it, the water seems clear! I'm with you...no time for lounging when water's involved! I'm glad it was a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Laura- what a sweet and brave mom you are. What till next summer when you have two mobile swimmers... It will be a few years before we can be those moms on the shore or even better the onles in the chairs with their books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a great lake trip, Emily! You are very lucky that your Mommy is brave and will venture out into the water with you...silly other mommies hanging on the shore!

    ReplyDelete