Emily will start preschool in a few weeks and she, as you can imagine, is really excited!! This morning her teacher, Mrs. MacDonald, came over to meet Emily and spend a little one on one time with her before the school year gets started. Emily opened the front door to welcome Mrs. MacDonald and gave her a hug before Mrs. MacDonald asked if there was a place they could sit and read a story together. (They read The Kissing Hand which was always a first day of school book for me and my classes.)

Once they finished the story, Mrs. MacDonald took out their class friend, Chester the raccoon (just like in the story if you aren't familiar). Emily was very happy to meet Chester and learn that Chester will sing the morning song and good bye song every day at school. He also goes around and kisses all of the kids on their ear each day and is available for snuggles any time the kids choose. Emily experienced her first Chester ear kisses and is a big fan of his already!

Chester had to go back to sleep after a few minutes though, he IS nocturnal and all, so Mrs. MacDonald took out some stamps and stickers to share! Emily chose to put the bear sticker on her dress and her girl stamp on her right forearm. Then Mrs. MacDonald offered her a bear stamp with hearts but Emily said she wanted the boy stamp on her other arm instead. She told Mrs. MacDonald that she is a girl and that she has a daddy (the boy stamp I guess).

Before Mrs. MacDonald left, Emily wanted to show her the playroom and I snagged a picture of the two of them together!

So far it seems like it will be a good year! Emily's school orientation day is September 13th - Mama, Daddy, and Everett get to go too!
Wow, a pre-school teacher that makes in-home visits?!?! I am impressed!
ReplyDeleteUmm - the teacher came to the house?! What?! That is fantastic!!! So excited for Emily!
ReplyDeleteI am just as impressed as Jenn is about the home visit. Wow! Mrs. MacDonald seems like a wonderful teacher. Can't wait to see how preschool goes! How exciting!
ReplyDeleteUmmmmm...I guess others are as impressed as I am to learn of the pre-orientation orientation!! I think you found a fabulous pre-school from first glance! I'm so happy Emily looks forward to her new school!
ReplyDeleteSuper big hugs for Emily AND Mrs MacDonald!
~mimi
Yea!!! Sounds like a great PK program. So is this one where she stays all day? If so, maybe you'll have time to finish Unbroken. :) Totally kidding.
ReplyDeleteYay! Wonderful start to a school year, I know Emily will love it.
ReplyDeleteLove, Aunt Carolyn
Very cool that Emily's teacher came to your house!
ReplyDeleteLooks like she and Emily will get along well. Hope she has a fantastic year!
Oh that is music to my ears!! She'll love it and I love it already!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Miss
Wow! The teacher comes to your house!?! Amazing! How lucky for Emily! She is going to be great!
ReplyDeleteI'm floored! What a wonderful way for Emily to begin her school days! Kudos to Mrs. MacDonald and to Emily for so graciously welcoming her new teacher!
ReplyDeletelove, dele