Emily's FAVORITE thing to do right now is go out and look at Christmas lights. Even though our display is spectacular ;) ...
we like to drive around to look at other houses too. Last Sunday, we headed out for one of these drives and were enjoying ourselves immensely. This is what it sounds like in our car.
(I love Emily's response to what Santa says. Could you hear? "I'm gonna get you a fire engine. Here me comes!")
But, then after driving around for a while we came upon this house. We were sure Clark Griswold was living inside until we pulled up in front.
Could you hear what I said? "There's music." I realized as we pulled up that this house was set to music! Seriously. So, we pulled over (our first view is not so great) and tuned in our radio to "their" station.
Then, someone left and we were able to get a better spot for viewing.
It turns out this is the second year this family has put on such a show and they have a website you can check out for more videos, perhaps better too. The LED screen that scrolls across the front of the house runs messages that anyone can send in via FB, email, or text and they collect Toys for Tots on Friday evenings. We have, of course, been again since and that time we noticed some chairs set out across the street with a little fireplace and a table with a cooler (hot apple cider?) and cups. So... if you were thinking about visiting us this holiday season (wink wink) COME ON - we will take you over and get you front row seats! Oh, and you can stay up as late as you'd like to look at our lights too.
http://www.orangecountychristmaslights.com/
Wow!! That is one incredible light show!
ReplyDeleteIs it just me or does that sound like Star Wars music? (Too much time with the 9 yr old?) There are some houses like that around Austin - personalized radio stations to incorporate sound - but I haven't been to check them out. This house is impressive!
ReplyDeleteThat is really really spectacular!! Is that in your neighborhood? I expect to see the same out of you next year Emily. Wahoo!!
ReplyDeletePapa
How fun! What a cool house- glad you found it! We are big on lights around here, too. Even Addy will stay in the wagon to look!
ReplyDeletePS. I almost made that ribbon tree shirt- sure is cute! and emily's expression is priceless- your photography class is really showing. you have always taken nice pics- but they are even better these days!
ReplyDeleteI'm speechless! [doesn't happen often!]
ReplyDelete~mimi
How fun is that Light SHOW!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun time! :)
ReplyDeleteOh my God, I am speechless! What a display! I'm so glad you got to see this in person. A treat for sure!
ReplyDeleteDa da...da da da da da....what a scream! These people really are into the Christmas spirit!
ReplyDelete