So we missed Liam's birth, but here's what did happen that night and the next...
As we left the hospital Emily told me repeatedly, "no night-night in the car." Too bad for her, she was WAAAAAAAAY overtired from two BIG days and lost the battle.

Any time she would stir on the ride home and then when I pulled her out of the car she told me, "no night-night, Mama." Sure Emily, whatever you say. When I laid her on the changing table she felt something at her feet and, assuming it was her lovey, she picked it up between her feet and brought it to her hands and face. It was her pajama pants from the night before but she didn't care... she held them on her face as she slept and ended up taking them with her to bed.

When we got up in the morning, Mimi and Papa had just returned from the hospital (they had stayed all night) so we went out for pancakes and hit the grocery store. That evening, after Emily's nap, we were able to go and meet Liam for the first time.
Emily was excited when she saw him...

REALLY excited!


She wanted to be...

as close...

as possible.

Even sneaking a little kiss.

Then, when we had turns holding him Emily said, "Liam said, I hold Emily! I hold Emily!"

She thought that if the fact that she wanted to hold him wasn't enough... maybe him wanting to hold HER would do the trick!


But, before long it was clear that everyone was tired...

and Emily finally got to make contact with a kiss on his toes as we said farewell.

Someone is in love!
The pictures are wonderful!!!! You can see the love in Emily's eyes when she is looking at her new cousin. I know she will be as loving in May when she is looking at her baby brother or sister. Liam looks like he is a handsome boy!!! Congratulations to Ryan and Jackie and to the entire Clapp clan.
ReplyDeleteNana/Mom/Cindy
Awww - Emily with the baby is adorable! I can't wait to see Emily with her new sibling! She is going to be such a great big sister! Liam is adorable, I'm so glad you were able to be there to meet him!
ReplyDeleteBig sister in training...absolutely adorable!
ReplyDeleteTricia
What a special moment and a beautiful baby cousin, too! I love how much she wanted to be close to Liam and touch him. Emily is adorable and she is definitely going to be a good big sister when Bittwo comes...
ReplyDeleteJust think of how excited she's going to be when she has one of her very own at her house!
ReplyDeleteHe is a cutie and her name for him, "Weeum", sounds like wee one! She's SO smart! The sheer exhaustion story is hilarious--the ONLY way to get her to sleep in the car apparently!
ReplyDeleteLove ~mimi
Looks like Emily will be a Great Big Sister!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute baby boy. Love the pic of her snuggling her PJ's!!