.

Changes coming... see new posts below
and then follow me...
^that is a link

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Emily's Surprise!

So, the date was March 13th and Everett was sick, sick, sick. I was upstairs trying to comfort him and get him down for a little snooze before our doctor's appointment while Emily was downstairs hard at work as well. When I came down, she jumped in front of me and yelled, "surprise!"
She was showing me that she had managed to get herself a cup of water while I was gone. But, based on how she left the kitchen, I think I would have figured it out.
Of course, I asked her to show me each step of the process. First, she had to pull the ladder out of the pantry and over to the cabinet with the cups.
Then, discovering that the cups were still a little to high, she had to "very carefully" climb onto the counter to reach one. She knew I wouldn't like that part.
All that was left from there was to climb back down...
move the ladder over to the refrigerator, open it up, and fill her cup. This reminds me... we agreed that we would put a couple cups down lower for her to get next time the need arose - I don't need a sick baby and a toddler with a broken bone!
PS Is Emily still considered a toddler? I guess I better look that up...

3 comments:

  1. I think she's technically a preschooler now. :/
    Man, I love that smile of trepidation! I can't wait to see y'all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! Emily is so independent. I agree that she needs some cups closer to her level. Hee, hee! And yes, she is now considered a preschooler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AND she managed all of that with her shoes untied! Love the look on her face when she climbed on the counter.

    ReplyDelete