.

Changes coming... see new posts below
and then follow me...
^that is a link

Monday, December 7, 2009

Emily's New Ride

I have wanted to get Emily a Cozy Coupe (car) for Christmas for a while - or at least ask Santa to bring one.  But, I do not like the current model and I began to think that we were better off waiting until after the move.  Anyway, in one of the many car discussions we were reminded that Nana and Grandpa had one in the attic that they were willing to let Emily drive around for a few months.  So, on Saturday I took her over for a test drive.  

Yep, it is a police cruiser with all of the lights and sirens - which Emily LOVES!  (I told Emily that this is the only police car she is allowed to ride in!)  She got right down to business, pushing all of the buttons...

and exhibited some dangerous driving behavior as well.

A girl can't stay occupied with a car forever though so she went to visit Elmo and read a book with Grandpa before we headed home.


On Sunday, I got a picture of her smiling with "her" new car... (first is her smile, second is "cheese")
and then more dangerous behavior behind the wheel.

Later that night Emily called Papa.  Guess what she wanted to tell him about...
(These were two really cute videos of you talking to Papa about the car and he struggles to understand you.  It isn't easy without seeing you and the things around you sometimes...)




Thanks for the new ride Nana and Grandpa!

12 comments:

  1. Nothing like cruisin' the living room @ Nana & Grandpa's house, then calling Papa to brag about the ride! You go Emily!!
    Love XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily! No talking on the phone while driving! And certainly no texting, as your mama will tell you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG -- How cute that she is so excited! Lucky you that there was a spare one around. Word on the street is that Jack's Grandma and Grandpa got one for him for Christmas. I am sure he will love it just as much as Emily does.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Her report is perfect and I think Papa did a pretty good job interpreting until the long monologue. It is always easier face to face when conversing with broken English speakers!

    What a nice loaner car-the neighbors will sleep peacefully knowing there is a local patrol person!
    Rotsa Ruv,
    ~mimi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your previously-owned vehicle, Emily! It is very cool and I hope that you keep the streets safe. I love your conversation with Papa and your description of your car to him. You are so articulate. Happy driving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lucky girl! That is a fancy ride. Aren't grandparents the greatest??!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! The car is in great shape. Is a Paul leftover or from the other grandkids? Agree, no talking on the cell while driving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute, isn't it funny to see how they already "know" what to do! My boys love their cars, I think they are in them nearly everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the police car version- NICE! You should check around on craigslist for an older version if you still want Santa to bring one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute videos, love her call with Papa!

    Love, Aunt Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Too adorable! I love how she gets in and shuts the door so promtly.

    xoxo
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so awesome that the grandparents saved some toys. Makes it nice for mommy, too, I'll bet!

    ReplyDelete