.

Changes coming... see new posts below
and then follow me...
^that is a link

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

24 mos. 3 wks. 5 days.

I was really hoping for more like 24 years before these types of changes had to be made. :(
The story, straight from the horse's mouth...
(in this video you tell Mama that you climbed out of your crib and bumped your head)

Emily was not sleeping during nap time today... strange because she has slept HARD lately.  I left her alone and figured she would settle in eventually.  No such luck, just by chance I looked over at the monitor while working in the kitchen and saw this...
that's her, in the corner, sleepsack and all, climbing out.  Sigh.  Truth be told, I didn't take the picture on the first attempt.  The FIRST time I ran upstairs to startle her and possibly scare her into thinking that climbing out wouldn't be a good idea before she ever made it and felt the freedom.  This was the second time... or maybe the third (apparently scare tactics don't work with Emily - add it to the list).  The first one had a hardish landing, the others... no way.  She has it all figured out.  Sob.

So here we sit after putting her to bed, watching her like a couple of hawks waiting to see if she scales the side now that the mattress in on the floor.  The room is stripped and the closet is barred - like really, barred.  If she DOES get out it won't be any fun.

Pray for us as we prepare for moving to a toddler bed.  I hope we can put it off for a while...I heart cribs. 

9 comments:

  1. We did the same exact thing with Atticus after he climbed out...mattress on the floor inside the crib. There was no way he was getting out. We graduated to the toddler bed probably six months later (when I felt more ready!) Good luck...she's a daredevil!
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I can't believe it! As you know, we just converted Noah's crib to a toddler bed. But he is 36 months old. And he never did try to climb out. Cousin Jack is the climber in our family. I think you are sunk, Mommy and Daddy. I hope your matress-on-the-floor tactic works for a little while, at least.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what's funnier- Emily's Mmmn Hmmm (always cracks me up) or your sound effects while being pushed over? Maybe a tie.
    I feel your pain. Nicolas has been out of the crib for more than 8 months. I miss sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok Nicolas made me watch it again and there is a clear winner. You.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mattress on the floor idea- I hadn't seen that before. That should definitely hold her in for awhile. Jill hasn't attempted climbing out of hers yet but she is such a climber I think it's only a matter of time, especially since she has seen Jane climb in and out of it many times before and knows it can be done. I am hoping she holds off until we need the crib for Jena.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no!!! That's terrible. I'm with you. Keep 'em in the crib as long as possible. Sophia really isn't much of a climber anymore. Thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved Emily admitting that she crawled out of the crib - so cute! We switched ELizabeth on her second birthday - only because we needed the crib for her 3 month old brother. We were lucky, she stayed in bed and had no problems. If I hadn't needed to switch her, I wouldn't have. I love the idea of the mattress on the floor - I hadn't heard of that either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It may be tough for awhile, but really, isn't it fun to watch how they figure it out? Their little minds are hard at work figuring out mom and dad's little schemes. Good luck with the big girl bed!

    ReplyDelete