Maybe you know that I love to paint, or perhaps you have figured I do because you have seen the walls of my house in pictures. Well, either way... I like to paint and love to see the transformation in a room from something so simple. Therefore, when Adam and Angie bought a new house with a couple of poorly painted rooms I offered to remedy the situation.
With that said, do you remember the "dormitory" from the last post? The one that fit two queen beds side by side (with a walkway between) that I said was BIG and I was glad? This one?

Well you guessed it! That room, one of their spare rooms, was the room I was meant to transform. (It being BIG wasn't as great in this scenario - on Friday I was wanting to start taping off instead of hanging around outside because I was a little nervous about the job ahead of me.) Luckily, Papa was willing to help me out and so by about 10 o'clock on Saturday morning we had cleared out the room and started to work.

While we were working, Emily was playing with Mimi and Uncle Ryan - looking at...

this harmless guy!

or girl!

Emily was quick to come up and report to me...

and couldn't forget to tell Papa too.

Then she was off for more play outside. Of course she found a ladybug...

and checked on the tadpoles too.

Meanwhile, Adam and Angie had returned from their separate errands and jumped right in getting the primer on the walls. Thank goodness, things really sped up with two extra painters.

Apparently Emily was worn out from all of her playing and even after a long nap she still just wanted to lay on Mimi.

After many layers of primer and hours of work it was time to apply the pleasant "Toasted Almond" ...

and before it was too late I made the A's take a picture in the first room they painted in their first home together.

Then it was BACK TO WORK!

What a room and what a day! The toasted almond is MUCH more pleasing to the eye and it is a fabulous paint job, if I do say so myself. I think Adam and Angie are glad to have that green gone too!

Thank you to Papa, Adam and Angie who worked hard on "my project." Also, many thanks to Mimi and Uncle Ryan who were working all day too. "Playing" with Emily in the heat is not always fun or easy.
* Paul had returned home for his own well deserved play day on Saturday, finally cashing in his Christmas present. More on his adventures later...
Thank goodness for many helping hands- for painting and Elimy! I absolutely love the shot of Emily resting her head on Uncle Ryan's shoulder, so precious.
ReplyDeleteWow, that is a nice present you gave them! Love the color and how it turned out. They have a beautiful new home! You had a busy and fun weekend!
ReplyDeleteThis is so funny! When I saw the green room in your last post I thought to myself, "Wow, that is some green." I didn't want to say anything because I wasn't sure if Adam and Angie had painted it that color themselves. Hee, hee! I love the toasted almond much better, too. Oh, by the way, if I had been outside with the snake, I would have ran all the way home. Emily (and Uncle Ryan) are VERY brave!
ReplyDeleteHow 'bout Mimi the photographer!?!?! We got an official opinion from the "Master of Science" that it was a harmless garter snake (and it was about 20 feet away) so we stood our ground and he retreated!
ReplyDeleteI had no idea how BIG the painting project would be when I signed on for Emily duty. She is happiest "outside" and it was H O T! Thank goodness Aunt Angie had a nice princess movie for the afternoon to keep us in the air conditioning!
Those were some great photos of Emily and Ryan, you did a great job Mimi! I also love the color you all picked - you gave them a great welcoming present, Allison!
ReplyDeleteAdam+Angie are so lucky to have you as a resident painter extraordinaire. Also, please add to my comment on the previous post that while I adore the backyard, the existence of that s-n-a-k-e makes me love it a whole lot less!
ReplyDeleteThat was such a nice present for them! Too bad you are moving soon because we are wanting to do some painting in our house, and I'm not that great at it! Very impressed you guys got that done in one day!
ReplyDeleteNice paint job and what a great pair your mom and brother made on Emily duty! That backyard is serious!! Someday when I grow up I'm going to have one just like it!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful paint job indeed. I kinda felt bad taking Emily duty instead of helping in the room, may have been a selfish decision. Luckily we had so much fun, it washed my lament away. Great weekend!
ReplyDeleteDo you ever sit still?? Is this your new house?? What a GREAT family you have...always a helping hand!!
ReplyDeleteLove you~Christy