.

Changes coming... see new posts below
and then follow me...
^that is a link

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Let There Be Light

While we were at the timeshare - July 23rd to be exact - we went out to get some pictures of the girls on "the rocks."  My mom took an award winning photo of Victoria there when she was about Emily's age.

Anyway, we waited until the evening so the light would be perfect - and it was.
Things were looking very good ...
until they started looking like this.  
Too bad I wasn't paying attention to the rest of the pictures as I took them because obviously a setting got messed up and I didn't know until we got back to the condo.  :(  So... the only way for me to salvage them with the computer system I have to work with is to "overexpose" them and then make them black and white.  Here are some of the ones I got...

















11 comments:

  1. Way to go making lemonade out of lemons...the black and whites are fantastic!
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely fabulous pictures of Emily and Victoria, Allison! Way to make underexposed photos into gems!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still just as cute in black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the one of them on the rock! LOL! Joking, I love them all. :) You take amazing pictures!!!!
    Oh, and I assumed we would be seeing the award winning photo also...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad about the lighting. Now we know where you get your love of photography...your mama.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I've been waiting to see these. Love the ones of the girls walking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ansel Adams would be proud of you! Beautiful pictures of Emily and Victoria - treasures!
    Love,
    dele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh- the pictures are fantastic!
    Love, Aunt Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a wonderful job - I love the black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm saying it again - You should be a child photographer! Go for it! These are fantastic pix. Thanks for sharing!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wonderful pictures, and what a perfect place to take pictures of the kids! Love them!

    ReplyDelete