We decided to spend Earth Day at the beach this year! Aunt Allison was in SoCal for a conference and came over Saturday afternoon and stayed through Monday. She was helping Everett explore while Emily went STRAIGHT for the water!
Then Daddy took care of Everett...and Aunt Allison went to the water.
(Not wanting to be left out, Daddy helped Everett jump over the water too.)
(It's inevitable... when you are the adult with Emily you WILL end up wet.)
Strangely enough, Emily found a caterpillar on the beach! She put him in the bucket for safe keeping...
so she could only take the shovel...
(the bucket on the left has sand crabs, and the bucket on the right has the caterpillar)
to build a sand castle with Daddy.
Of course, she did end up chilled and hungry so Daddy and Emily joined Everett up in the sand...
which he was happy about!
And to end our day, we visited the swings for a bit.
I think the beach is about the best place you could go to celebrate Earth Day!
*It was a pretty cloudy/overcast day but with the flash in these pictures the clouds look more like storm clouds! It was cloudy but not stormy, cool but not too cold.




What an excellent way to spend Earth Day, Emily! I always love reading about your adventures at the beach and I'm glad your Aunt Allison got to share them with you.
ReplyDeleteTough to know just how many buckets might be necessary on any given day at the beach! Certainly if there is a bug collector, you need more!
ReplyDeleteXOXO
That black and white shot of Emily is fantastic! And I agree...
ReplyDeletebeach + Earth Day = perfection.
Tricia
I absolutely love the black and white header picture of Emily and the ocean. It captures her love of the water, her vitality and her beauty. No prejudice here!
ReplyDeleteNana
I agree perfect way to spend Earth day! Great pics!
ReplyDeleteEvery day is made better by time spent at the beach, but that is even more true on Earth Day and with the Morrises! Thanks for including me in your celebration.
ReplyDelete