.

Changes coming... see new posts below
and then follow me...
^that is a link

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Emily's Open House

After a long drive home from the Zango Zoo, we ate dinner and bathed quick so that we wouldn't be late for the Open House at Emily's school! Emily asked if she could take her new friend, the caterpillar to show her teachers...

she loved him a lot but also planned to let him go once we were home so that he could be free.
We made it right on time* (according to us... more on that later)...
and we first went into the motor development room where there was a real live mermaid! Emily could hardly handle herself while Ariel was in the same room!
I was afraid she was going to hurt herself on the obstacle course...
because she was not watching what she was doing and keeping her eyes on Ariel instead!
After a few minutes, Ariel sat them all down to tell them a story...

and talk about different animals under the sea.
At one point she asked them all to say "hi" to a crab and Everett did just that!
After singing to them about her treasures, it was time to get up and dance.



When I thought enough time had passed and I wanted to move to her classroom, I asked Emily if we could leave and she would have none of it!
Good thing, there was a "wrap up" that came soon after AND Ariel gave each child part of her collection!
Once free from Ariel's world, we were on the way to the classroom...
where Emily immediately shared her caterpillar...
and we had a look around the room.
Emily was proud to show us all of the things she had made during their ocean study...



and also enjoyed seeing pictures of herself and her friends.


Of course, we took a few more posed pictures of our family...

and Emily with both of her teachers - Mrs. MacDonald...
and Mrs. Hoffer.
Then, we got out of the room just in time - there was quite a crowd pouring in - and we escaped to the playground for a couple horsey rides before going home.

*Apparently, we were assigned a specific 30 minute period during the 2 hour open house for our class to visit. I totally missed that and we arrived right at the beginning, hoping to be a little ahead of the crowd. (I wondered how crazy it was going to be with everyone there at once! HA!) Thankfully, I didn't know that her teachers were wondering why in the world we were there at that time until AFTER we left. And really, we already have plans to crash the open house next year too. After all, we had the room to ourselves! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Emily, thanks so much for sharing your school with us! I love your classroom and all the neat artwork and photos hanging on the walls. And what a treat to meet a real mermaid! Looks like a fun evening was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ariel!!! At Open House!!! How cool! Looks like a great school! You little rule breaker, you. :) Glad it all went well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the family picture and the picture of Everett in his hi-chair.

    Love, Aunt Cissy

    ReplyDelete