Except in Emily's case... she is generally very good at waking up and will lay in there for a long while preparing herself for the day. (This allows me some time to prepare myself to get out of bed as well - and I need that.) Not too long ago I started knocking on her door before going in. Now, when she is ready to get up she doesn't call my name - instead I hear her calling "knock, knock, who is it?!" like this...
(this was a video of you saying "knock knock who is it?", me knocking on your door, you repeating again, and then when I go in you squeal in delight, say good morning, and give me your binky and lovey)
This is the best start to a day anyone could have.
(Oh, and yes, we do keep Emily's room quite dark.)
I need a little Cheerios and Honey Sunshine in my mornings too! You get plenty from that morning greeting! Love the picture of her in the "messy" room!
ReplyDelete~mimi
So sweet!!!
ReplyDeleteAWWWWW!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOkay, that is one dark room. I wouldn't be able to enter it cause of my fear of the dark and all. :)But I'd love to know what Honey Sunshine is. Sounds like something everyone needs to start their day off right.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE it -- she is speaking so clearly. How fun it is to wake up to that every morning!
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute!
ReplyDeleteHow sweet! What a nice way to wake up.
ReplyDeleteI agree, going to get my boys in the morning is the best part of my day too! Love her sweet voice :)
ReplyDeleteI agree - she is speaking so clearly - and when you say a dark room - you mean a DARK room! What a great way to wake up in the morning!
ReplyDeleteWell well well, what a fantastic video - also woke up The Nickel, just so you know! ;-)
ReplyDelete