.

Changes coming... see new posts below
and then follow me...
^that is a link

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Airplane!!

We decided to make a pretty last minute trip back to Texas. (long story) Emily was VERY excited about going on an airplane to see Mimi, Papa, Nana and Grandpa - even skipping a nap on Sunday and exclaiming, when I finally went in her room, "go on airplane Mama! Woo Hoo! Gonna be so much fun! I so excited, I can't wait!"
.
So, bright and early Tuesday morning we were off - just me and Emily. (Daddy is traveling over the weekend to Texas but we won't cross paths... crazy.) The best part about the flight was that we were flying out of Long Beach airport, which is teeny tiny, built in the 1940's, so we had to walk outside a long way and up the ramp to board. This is how we walked...
until Emily got nervous about the SIZE of the plane, noise, etc. and wanted to be held. So mid-walk I grabbed her with my free hand and we looked like this.
But, I did have a man behind me who offered to help (I guess I grunted loud enough) once I had Emily in my arm and eventually we made it to our seats.
After an easy 2 1/2 hour flight - Jet Blue rocks with personal DirectTV and snacks - we had arrived!
Then it was time to install the carseat...
and change a diaper.
Emily couldn't believe the difference with a forward facing carseat!
On the way home we stopped so I could donate blood (that's a fun story) and did a little grocery shopping - all the while Emily was telling us to GO TO MIMI AND PAPA'S! She had been talking for days about feeding the birdies with Papa so last night he obliged.
This was her first time helping with the hummingbird feeder though.
Papa let her do everything, including carrying a 1/2 of sugar in a glass measuring cup across the kitchen (he lifted her and the step stool)...
and pour it into the funnel.
She thought the whole funnel, sugar, disappearance thing was pretty cool!
Then when the sugar dissovled into the water... WHOA!
After much work it was time to hang the feeder,
and really complete her day with a viewing of Santa on Mimi's computer. A great FULL day - and a vacation ahead... Yay!

7 comments:

  1. What a fun last minute trip!! Emily is getting to be quite the traveler. You make it look so easy!
    Oh, and I am interested in the "donating" blood story...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I always change Jack's diaper INSIDE the trunk....I never thought to do it on top. I am going to try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, quite a trip! I hate those darn car seats-very difficult to install for someone like me. I am so glad that Emily knows that she will be helping with the bird feeding. Exciting that Papa let her help with everything!
    Love, Aunt Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I love last minute trips. Kudos to both of you for traveling by yourselves. I hope you have a great time and get to feed lots and lots of birdies! By the way, I always change Noah's diapers inside the car on the back seat. That's how my Mommy did it. I am also interested in the giving blood story. You teased us so now you have to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And more bird feeding at my house (though mostly just you). Yay for last-minute trips to Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow = you guys were busy on your first day of vacation! It looks like a fun trip - and good thing Emily likes airplanes so much! I'll bet it made it easier for the 2 of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun trip so far! Glad y'all made it safe and sound! But sorry we don't get to see you while you're in TX. :(

    ReplyDelete