.

Changes coming... see new posts below
and then follow me...
^that is a link

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Vacation: Days 2 & 3

Wednesday morning we went out for brunch with my first year college roommate, great friend, and maid of honor, Susan. (Just giving some background on our history) Emily got to sit in a booster seat instead of a highchair and also had a couple of friends along. At one point the pig was "hiding" under her plate (the pig is about two inches tall, mind you) and later was on the floor. It was a pretty busy meal and I am not sure I was able to engage completely in the conversation at the table.
But we still had a good time and even got to see Susan's new-ISH house for the first time.

Later, Emily helped Mimi prep dinner...
and had some swinging fun with Uncle Ryan.
He and Almost Aunt Jackie came out to see us and celebrate Victoria's 12th birthday! Wow! Before sitting down to dinner we called her to sing Happy Birthday on the speaker phone - the phone is on the island - since she lives in Montana.
Emily thought it was all a bit strange but did join in for a few words.
After dinner she got to go swimming with Papa and Uncle Ryan.
There were a lot of bubbles.
But the highlight of Emily's day would have to be when we finally brought out Victoria's birthday cake. Of course, Emily insisted that we have candles...
and figured she would just take care of the whole "blowing out" part.
She was very excited and did some dancing when all four were out.
Dancing on chairs is fun but perhaps a little dangerous.
Oh wait, I guess I must correct myself. The highlight of Emily's day wasn't the cutting... it was the EATING of the cake. She got a nice size piece...
that didn't stay on the plate for very long.
Truth be told, she had a little sliver more.

This morning, we were set to head out again and I guess Mimi needed a little peace when I was showering because this is how I found Emily when I got out.
No harm... and we were soon off to see Aunt Allison at her new house. Emily had a nice greeting at the front door...
and an even better surprise in the backyard!
She was pretty happy to find the playhouse and entertained herself, talking up a storm...
and setting the table.
We don't usually greet guests with the broom and dustpan on the table though.
This afternoon we are laying low... maybe some more pool time and undoubtedly a little cake. Tomorrow morning, bright and early, we are going to visit Nana and Grandpa!

6 comments:

  1. Wowee, what a fun couple of days you have had, Emily! I love you how you had a party for Victoria even though she was not there. And isn't it nice that Aunt Allison bought a house with a playhouse just for you to play in when you come for a visit? Love it! Have fun with Nana and Papa tomorrow...can't wait to see what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow a playhouse all to yourself?? You lucky girl! And it looks like a Crooked House too.? I'm thinking maybe I should start celebrating my far away family members birthday with a cake. Just so they know I care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the birthday cake for someone else idea! Love the playhouse! By the way Emily, you always have the cutest clothes on and bows in your hair. You are adorable!
    Love, Aunt Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, you're in Texas!!??!! Will you be anywhere near Ft. Worth? We miss you guys so much!! Love all the vacation pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lucky girl with all those birthday festivities. Yum!! And I LOVE that play house. I wish I had one like that when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VICTORIA!!! I can't believe you're 12 - how is that possible??

    Thanks so much for coming to visit, my CA girls! Glad you enjoyed the "house behind the house"! And thanks for helping me fill those bird feeders, too.

    ReplyDelete