Don't ask me why it came out of my mouth. We were standing there in Costco and Emily wanted this truck - it also has a man that can go in the cab (bonus!) - but Paul and I said no. We were going to return him to his position in the store and all would be well. Except Emily REALLY wanted this truck! Again, I told her no but this time I added, "you have to wait for Santa, maybe Santa can bring you a truck." WHAT?! It's September! This girl doesn't forget! I think I said it because in my head I was thinking that we should get her a big truck like that for Christmas because she does LOVE to play with them. I just can't believe I mentioned Santa. Already.
She has been talking about that truck every day since and telling anyone who will listen that "you have to wait for Santa!" Fittingly, we received some holiday catalogs in the mail this weekend as well - Emily has been shopping.
did the same thing! We got a Lakeshore catalog in the mail and Jane went through it circling all of the things that Santa is going to bring her. Ha! Let's hope that her memory isn't that good because I am pretty sure dear Old St. Nick isn't bringing every toy in the Lakeshore catalog for Christmas.
ReplyDeleteIt makes me feel so much better to see Emily searching the catalogs. All three of my kids have been searching and circling - I was starting to think they were too focused on "things."
ReplyDeleteEmily- I love to look at catalogs also! I love the way you study each catalog.
ReplyDeleteLove, Aunt Carolyn
If Aunt Sarah was there she'd buy Emily the truck - she would tell her kids they'd have to wait, but Emily would get one on the spot!
ReplyDeleteAunt Sarah
Wow! What a planner already! :)
ReplyDeleteCould be genetic! I can never pass up a catalog and a little leisure shopping! Too bad Emily NEVER forgets--it will be a L-O-N-G three months I'm afraid!
ReplyDelete~mimi
I am already thinking about Christmas too, Emily! We have the same flyer and I am really wanting the Little People Pumpkin Farm for Addy and Adam laughed and said maybe for Christmas! Ugh... seems so far, yet so close!
ReplyDeleteTHAT is a girl on a mission!! Looks like it will be a great year for Emily. :)
ReplyDeleteUnbelievable! Way to go, Emily! I've been thinking about Christmas this week, too.
ReplyDeleteToo cute! Emily, what else have you found to ask Santa for??
ReplyDeletexoxo
Mikey shops on the internet and sends me the link. :) Cute pics!
ReplyDelete