Several weeks ago Emily did some painting.




Last week I put ribbon around the edges and hung them in the playroom.

On the 12th, we visited our local library for the first time and Emily drew on the easel.


Then on the 16th, she drew for the first time on the "weasel" at home. (Victoria's old easel that she called the weasel.)


This week I hung them on the art line in the playroom...

which happens to be just above the bookshelf Emily helped me build...

and beside the window that I made a valence for.

It's little owls.

So, when you put it all together, Emily has played a big part in transforming her playroom from this...

to this.


Wanna come play?
That looks SO fun! Love her room, wish I had one. What a great idea with the paints and colors- if I ever get to a permanent home before Nicolas is 5, I hope to remember to try that.
ReplyDeleteIt all looks great! Hope Aunt Carolyn notices our "lefty"!! Love the color paintings, wasn't positive what you were trying to describe for me.
ReplyDeleteXOXO ~mimi
Wow, what a transformation! I love it! Emily is quite an artist, too!
ReplyDeleteLove it! Great job! Love the colored painting idea.
ReplyDeleteI must say that the photos don't do it justice. It definitely is a sight to see. Beautiful playroom, even after the kids have been in there and have taken all the toys off the shelves!
ReplyDeleteLove that playroom ~ I'll come back and play anytime!
ReplyDeleteWe'd love to come play! (It might be a very long playdate though :)) I LOVE LOVE LOVE the things you did to the room, I'm impressed you made curtains! The bookshelves are so cool! I might have to find out how you did that! But the best are the color paintings. I might have to steal that idea as well! Wish we could see it in person!
ReplyDeleteWow- a great playroom! Very cleverly decorated too.
ReplyDeleteLove, Aunt Carolyn
It's gorgeous! I love everything you have done. I also loved the color paintings - what a great idea!! I also want to know where you got the book shelf - so cute!
ReplyDeleteThe room looks amazing!! You are such a teacher, you make learning fun!! You know the part I love the most....I would have killed for that kitchen!! She's a lucky girl!!
ReplyDeleteLove,Christy
I LOVE the colors idea!!! I might have to do that! You can definitely tell Emily's mom is a teacher!
ReplyDeleteI love it!! :)
ReplyDelete