.

Changes coming... see new posts below
and then follow me...
^that is a link

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Emily's Turn at the Beach House

Right out there on that beach - 
I spent many summer hours out on that beach while staying at my best friend's beach house.  We collected shells in the morning and during the afternoon we built sand castles, rode bikes down the boardwalk, swam in the waves, and chased kites.  Two weeks ago Emily had her chance to experience it and I think she enjoyed herself!!
Here is Emily with Christy - who is renting the beach house and took me along all those years ago - and Mimi - who let me go :)  
Emily was ready to get wet - ready, except for a bathing suit.
It was this trip to the beach that I realized that even though it is cold, Emily will not be content to play in the sand.  She will want to get in the water!

She couldn't bear the cold for too long though so after a little bit we were back at the beach house - and there she had a TON of fun too!  She had Brian chasing the ball everywhere...
(while the ladies chatted - Heather, Mimi, Christy)
and driving cars.
I really meant that Brian had to chase the ball EVERYWHERE.  It was stuck under the TV cabinet for some time.  Emily wanted to offer her support...
and waited patiently...
only interrupting when she thought Brian might need to use the string - since it had previously been attached to the ball.
Her other friend that day was Vahid.  What a sweet man!  He showed her pictures,
and built her forts.


Emily had an absolute BLAST!!!
Something tells me that she will forever love the beach house just as much as I do!!  My heart melted a little bit that day! 

7 comments:

  1. Aww! She's going to have some great memories of the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That brought a tear to my eye! Brian and Vahid were so sweet to Emily! I hope she makes many more memories with them at "the beach house".
    ~mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blast they all had! I love the new "flicker" pictures.
    Love, Aunt Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun that the beach house tradition will continue! It looks like you have moved Emily to the right state - she is LOVING the ocean! It's so fun to see her in that freezing ocean!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That brought a tear to my eye also...I missed my beach time this year...That's awesome. Carry on the Beach House tradition, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun time! It's so neat to see your children enjoy things that you did as a kid. I'm impressed that she braved the cold ocean water :) I believe that's a true California Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww! What a great time you had, Emily, at one of your Mommy's favorite places as a kid. Isn't it cool when we can share our memories with our kids? Priceless!

    ReplyDelete