.

Changes coming... see new posts below
and then follow me...
^that is a link

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Growing Up

Every day.  Every day she is growing up.  Like when she was able to pull down the "out of reach" Brita pitcher on the counter...
clean up the mess,

and put herself in time-out.
Then that night when I said, "it's time for bed, go put away your tea set."  AND SHE DID!  All while I straightened the books.


Then there is the fact that she can zip...

and unzip...
anything.
But, when she unzipped the blocks I told her that before she could play with those she would need to clean up her tea set (can you tell she likes to get out her tea set?).  She understood and went straight to work...
before going right back to the blocks.
Plus, she is getting quite good at undressing herself...




and throwing things away in the trash.  (If only we agreed on what constitutes "trash.")
Where did my little baby go?  I do get glimpses of her sometimes.  Like when she gnaws on everything in sight and drools like a faucet.  Maybe if I get out her baby bibs for these 2 year molars I will feel like she is still my little baby.  

*In reality Emily doesn't know what time-out is (thankfully we haven't had to introduce that yet) but does like to get "stuck" in tight spaces.

9 comments:

  1. I know!!! It goes so fast!!! and even faster when you add another one to the mix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh just wait dear. I have tears in my eyes. I miss my babies so very much. I just wanna go hug their necks. But when they are sleeping...that baby is so evident...Sometimes, when I go in at night (to check on them before I go to bed) I wake them up because I kiss them so much--and unbelievably still smell their hair. Treasure your memories. You do such a great job keeping up with the pictures and jotting down the little things. I have forgotten so much. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. The time does go way too fast. I still catch glimpses of my "babies", but they are fewer and farther between. I miss that so much...but the big kids are so much fun too - as you are finding out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, the time just flies and a month goes by with a blink of an eye. I will say that I am enjoying my time with Addison in so many "girly" ways now that she is no longer a baby. We have conversations, enjoy girls lunches and shopping today. She loves to get manicures too! Look forward to those times ahead, even though believe me, I do miss those baby times too. Emily is so precious BTW and I can't believe she is getting big girl hair!
    -Liney

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Allison, welcome to the "where-did-my-baby-go" club! I miss my little baby boy so much, too! Noah follows directions, sits for long periods of time focused on tasks and picks up toys his toys, too. And I feel OK turning my back on him knowing that he won't get into mischief. I miss those days when he needed me more so terribly sometimes but this is such a wonderful stage, too. It is amazing to watch the independence blossom and grow in our little ones. But we can still think longingly of those days when our babies were still tiny babies. I certainly do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Undressing!?!?! Oh you will be so grateful for that one when she decides she isn't wearing what you want! Or if she feels "the line"! I'm thinking I should've had tea sets for all mine although you seem to have gotten the neat lesson in spades!
    ~mimi

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so cute :) what a joy! I love how you get it all in pictures!
    Love you all~
    Christy
    oxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uh oh! Now that she can unzip, looks like she can get into more trouble.

    P.S. I've added Google Reader as an app on my Iphone and can read the posts but I can't figure out how to leave comments. I read this one yesterday from my phone but couldn't comment until I actually was able to make it to the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it crazy how they just wake up one day and they aren't babies! We've been doing all of this too and even though I'm grateful for the fact that they seem to understand me, part of me is very sad as well...
    I'm sure you understand!

    ReplyDelete