.

Changes coming... see new posts below
and then follow me...
^that is a link

Monday, February 8, 2010

Did You Know?

Did you know that sometimes my daddy just likes to stare at me...
and sometimes he tells me stories?
Did you know that my Daddy gave me my first bottle...
and bought me my first pumpkin?
Did you know that my mama wanted him to go as the Headless Horseman that Halloween?
Did you know that my daddy gives me my baths...
and reads me books?
Did you know that my daddy gets really excited when I eat well,
takes me to the zoo,
and likes when I have shirts stuck on my head?
Did you know that I help my daddy exercise, 
and that he wears glasses?
Did you know that my daddy took me to the beach...
and dances with me in the rain?
Did you know that sometimes my daddy snuggles and kisses me...
and other times we play?
Well, I didn't know that my daddy used to be little like me!
But I did know that my mama loves him a lot...
and that sometimes being my daddy can wear him out!
Did you know that today is my daddy's birthday?  Well, it is - and I am the luckiest girl in the world to have him.  Happy Happy Birthday, Daddy!  I love you!
by: Emily Rose

18 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Paul, you are a wonderful and loving Daddy! Keep up the good work!!

    Love, Denny aka Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm first!!! And I think I should be---I still have the stretch marks to prove it. A truly wonderful tribute to a fantastic, first rate guy. He's always made me proud--on the soccer and football fields, as a student and as a CPA. But behind all the success is a truly compassionate human being who is a great husband, son and father. I am so proud to be his Mom. I forgot to mention his wonderful sense of humor...ask him to do his impression of Pat from SNL or anything that Jim Carrey does. Well done, Allison. (I'd like a copy of that last picture. It brings tears to my eyes.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I was first!!!Got beat by six minutes!! The above post and this one are by Paul's Mom.

    Mom,
    aka Nana,
    aka Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Cindy took most of the words right outta my mouth! I would've just added that the C's love having Paul in our family!! Hope this new year will be exciting (I'm sure it WILL be!) and full of good times with Allison and Emily!
    Love to love ya!
    ~m

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww!!! Love all the pics! Happy Birthday Paul! Sounds like Emily has a great dad. Seeing Paul's baby pic, I can see a lot of him in Emily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many happy birthday wishes Paul! You gotta love the special bond between a daddy and his daughter. :) Great pictures, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday, Paul! What a touching tribute from your "girls."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday, Paul! You're a great father and a great husband, too. Your girls are lucky to have you. Love, another Allison :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, Paul! I am impressed by the number of pictures you have of Paul and Emily doing different things - it was wonderful as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So proud of your daddy Emily! Thirty-two years of being a wonderful, compassionate, hilarious, and not to mention intelligent gift from God. I've enjoyed the last 20 months watching him with you - you are so lucky!

    Wonderful tribute Allison - thank you on behalf of his family for loving him and giving us all that beautiful girl to love too!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet post! Love the sign! Happy Happy birthday to Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Paul. Emily sure is lucky to have such a great Daddy. I couldn't have asked for a better brother, thank you for making my sister and Emily so happy. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That was very sweet. Happy Birthday Paul!

    Love, Aunt carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Special request: could you please issue a mascara alert at the beginning of these beautiful posts honoring Emily's favorite people? Absolutely beautiful!
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very sweet! What a great tribute! :) brought tears to my eyes! Happy Birthday Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful birthday post! I love it! Happy Birthday Paul!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So Sweet Allison! Happy Birthday Paul!!
    Love you all~Christy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday, Paul! I loved the picture journey. It told me what I already know - that you are a wonderful daddy.

    Looking forward to having you join our family circle in LA.

    Love
    Pat

    ReplyDelete