As I left my house last Thursday, during record snowfall for our area, I had no idea how LITTLE the weather would play in my ability to fly away. In true Allison fashion, I left very detailed information for the care of Emily behind and thought that everything was in order. The whole world dropped away though when I slid my passport into the machine and my maiden name popped up on the screen. It is a story that is better told in person and if you would like to hear it I would be happy to oblige but until then, let's continue from when I actually got on the plane and got a hold of this...

It was heavenly because I was seated in business class and so my seat could fully recline into this empty space behind my chair

Were you blinded by the champagne and miss the control panel for my chair?

Yahoo! Unbelievably we were able to fly even though our load was very light. Proof - my neighbors to the right.

I got quite comfy and pulled out my noise reducing headphones...

to watch a little of this.

We sat at the gate for 3+ hours before driving out to be de-iced and taking off 4 hours behind schedule but I have to say... I didn't really care! HA!
I did have one neighbor to my left and I snapped a pic of his chair when he got up for a minute. Not fully reclined but nice right?!

I was able to get some sleep on the plane and arrived in London at about 3:00 Friday afternoon happy to see Paul and get the trip started!!
You are such a show-off! (But I still love you and can't wait to hear the story...calling now...)
ReplyDeleteWow those are awesome plane seats! And thank goodness for an empty flight. I do look forward to hearing the Allison story...
ReplyDeleteToo bad I won't have plane seats like that tomorrow! Glad you had a wonderful time. Megs gave me the quick story surrounding your passport- it worked out well afterall!
ReplyDeleteNice! Though I have to say I would have been less than pleased to be sitting on a runaway for more than 3 hours! Good for you for taking it in stride!
ReplyDeleteAllison! Your maiden name?!
ReplyDeleteBusiness class...very nice!
Tricia
I am exceedingly jealous right now! You look so cute!
ReplyDeleteBusiness class rocks! Was coach the same way as far as emptiness? I'm surprised they let you on the plane. Guess you'll be getting your passport updated soon?
ReplyDeleteWow, what a trip! At least you were comfy and did not have a toddler to worry about (hee, hee). Now THAT would have been fun!
ReplyDeleteI agree - thank goodness you didn't have Emily with you on that plane while you waited for 3 hours! I can't wait to hear the story...I'll bet it's great!
ReplyDelete