Yesterday at about 5PM Emily walked again. It had been about 7 hours since she would even attempt it and she did pretty well. This is the second half of her walk from the potty (we put her in a diaper for the urgent care so it would be one less thing to deal with and she stayed dry until we were finally able to convince her to make this trip to the potty! - she got a few minutes with her binky as a reward for getting up and a big glass of water because clearly she hadn't had enough liquids during the day, haha).
An hour later she was doing even better but not quite back to normal- as you can see.
Today she is doing MUCH better - almost back to normal even. Because she was doing so well I took her to swim class and everything! Yay, the meds are working!!
YEA!!!!!! Glad she's feeling better. Glad she's older when she experienced this as ooposed to a baby. I can't even imagine. Hugs Emily!
ReplyDeleteThank goodness! It's amazing how medicine can work so quickly and effectively. Hurray, Emily! deep breaths, Mom and Dad!
ReplyDeleteOuch! My feet hurt lots, I cringed watching her take those painful steps! Boy! that prednisone is magical! I'm so glad this seems to be over!
ReplyDeleteLove ~mimi
Thank goodness! I was so worried. I'm sure you are all so relieved.
ReplyDeleteYay! So happy to see her tottering around. It does look so painful to see her walk, poor girl! Glad to hear she was well enough to even go to swimming!
ReplyDeleteGlad she is feeling better. I can't imagine how painful that was for her and mommy and daddy!
ReplyDeleteSweet, brave, girl! Can't wait to give her big hugs! SO happy she's getting back to normal.
ReplyDeletexoxo
So happy to hear Emily is feeling better and back to her sctive self! Yay!
ReplyDeleteaww. glad to see Em up and around!!
ReplyDeleteMy poor Emily!! Papa felt so bad for you. When I watched the video I thought you were trying to walk like me. That is how I walk everyday when I get up from sitting for a while. I am so glad you are back to your old/young self!!
ReplyDeleteLove, Papa