.

Changes coming... see new posts below
and then follow me...
^that is a link

Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Final Day in London

On Sunday we managed to get up and out the door relatively early to meet our bus (the best advice we got about visiting London is this tour bus) in front of the hotel.
Our first stop for the day was The Tower of London.
(those were exterior views -this model helped me with the BIG picture)
Luckily the large gate did not fall on us as we entered...
and we got a great tour with one of the Beefeaters.
It was a pretty (read:VERY) cold day and it was easy to spot the guy with the warmest head.
There was a family deal that day - I loved that the kids were able to be "knighted."
Tower Bridge
Our bus tickets also worked on the City Cruise so when we left The Tower we hopped on a boat back to our hotel.
From there we walked past Westminster Abbey...
and then rode the bus to Buckingham Palace.
(standing in front of the palace - able to see where our hotel is because of the London Eye)
We walked down the mall (the first picture of long street leading to the palace) to Trafalgar Square and then caught the bus to Covent Garden for some fun shops and a yummy dinner.

When we got back to the hotel we were pleasantly (HA!) surprised to find that even our key couldn't get us into our warm room.
It didn't take an hour to get in this time and when we did get in, we immediately noticed the tightened locks on the balcony door. What an idea! and what a trip!! We had a lot of fun and enjoyed the sights but we were ready to go to bed and head home to our Emily!
(We really could have packed one outfit for the whole trip since all of our pictures are of our jackets and my hat.  Mental note for next time.)

7 comments:

  1. Glad the rest of your trip was more relaxing the beginning. It's a fun city and seeing all the pics makes me want to go back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison, you are such a storyteller! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pix, NOW I know what you were trying to describe about the Tower of London not just being a TOWER!! Great final pic of you two!
    ~mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fantastic pictures- I am so glad you cherished this trip. I am not sure what pics I like more the last of of the two of you on the couch- you both look so happy and relaxed, but the Tower Bridge Pictures look like something from a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the rest of the trip was less stressful. Your photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun trip! Sounds like you guys had some great adventures!
    I loved the picture of the family with Paddington Bear, one of my favorite books as a child :) Glad you all made it back safely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What beautiful pictures! It looks like such a wonderful trip. When we went to England it was at exactly the same time of year and I felt the same way about the pictures of us. Our big change was sometimes I had on a scarf and sometimes not. Woo hoo, what variety! At least you guys look great in every picture and had on cute coats. :)

    ReplyDelete