.

Changes coming... see new posts below
and then follow me...
^that is a link

Sunday, January 16, 2011

It's January... Why Not Go to the Beach?!

This weekend is beautiful in SoCal (I think we earned it with all of that rain!!) and Emily got a sand castle kit for Christmas so I thought, "why don't we go to the beach?!"  Of course, I knew that just because it was a nice warm day away from the coast didn't mean that it would be the same at the beach itself so we were well prepared (many layers).  I mean, remember our trip to the beach in early July?
An overcast morning is NOT a rare occurrence (we encountered more than one in July)...
so I thought we might as well expect the same in January!  Perhaps a check of the beach report would have been good because it looked like this...
and Emily was dressed like this.
Oh well, she was still really excited to be at the beach!

When we hit the sand Emily and Daddy got right to castle building...



but it wasn't long before the ocean was calling Emily's name too loudly for her to ignore it any longer.
She wanted to feel the wind in her hair...

and the ICE cold water on her toes.


I stayed back and worked on the castle some more and when it was done, Emily helped me collect flowers for it and posed for a picture.  Okay, so perhaps the ocean was still calling her name...
but I did get her to turn around for a minute!
Thanks Great Aunt Cissy, we will build many castles with our fun kit!
Obviously, Bittwo was also along for this trip to the beach and once the castle was done...
it was my turn to brave the water.
Not long into my watch, Emily fell back in the water and got soaked.  Of course she just laughed and didn't care one bit, except she did hold her arms out to the side for a long time.  :)
So there you have it folks...

a miserable January day!

11 comments:

  1. What a fun day at the beach! Great pictures of Emily, Mommy, Daddy, & Bittwo ("That's a BIG baby." Bittwo is growing, growing, growing!). Pretty sand castle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, y'all look completely miserable! hahaha! Just kidding. Y'all look like you're having a blast. Great sandcastle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the picture of Mama and Emily and Bittwo posing! What a fun sand castle kit, that will bring many hours of fun at the beach! The child must be part penguin!!Brrrrr?
    XOXO ~mimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun day...great family time! Love your belly!
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like too much fun!! You look AMAZING!!! I love you all <3 Christy xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought you said you weren't going to the beach without bathing suits again... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! We HAVE had the most amazing and wild weather in SoCal (just think, it snowed just a few weeks ago). So glad you got to enjoy a beach day! You all look so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is days like these that make me feel so fortunate to live in sunny southern California. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah. miserable. mmhmm. Man you make me so jealous. Wish I could sink my toes into that sand and listen to those wonderful waves!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - surf and sand and sun...perfect day at the beach! Caught up on earlier posts, too...biker chick for sure - no fear, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shorts in January! Craziness! Great pics, I love seeing your baby bump! So exciting! Is Emily asking questions yet?

    ReplyDelete